Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The F Bomb





Therapy comes in many forms. One form I have avoided since 1994. Music.
While I am not the most accomplished guitarist, I can hammer out a pretty good tune. I started playing at 13 with the help of my close friend and my Dad's cheap guitar bought with love by my Mom. 1960's era Decca. Yes Decca the old Record company. I even rebuilt it in shop class into a respectable version.
Marriage and fatherhood made me drop the axe and pursue a "normal" life. Anyone who has tried it knows the life of trudging knee deep in beer and groupies is not a good family life. I didn't look back, I had my fun. Then I cut my hair.
I kept all my equipment, It's still top of the line by todays standards. Ibanez Soundgear Bass and the Mighty Carvin Stack. 400 Watts is quite a ride. I didn't know why, but I kept it.
A guy at work asked me 2 years ago to come down and "Jam". Hell I could barely remember chord structures. I really put it out of my mind. Finally this fall I decided why not, all I can do is have some fun.
Fun.
I had forgot the thrill. Some people say it's like sex. Sometimes it's better. You can do it again in 10 seconds. Rollercoasters may be fun, but you can't do that at 2 in the morning. And headphones only work with audio.

If you never stood next to a drum set being pounded on, you missed out.
Feeling the air as it slaps your jeans, feeling it change your heartbeat. It does.
So does my Bass.
But for now let me introduce the band.
I will give more details as time goes on.
F Bomb.
What the hell is an F Bomb?
Most Adults Know. You don't drop them in front of children or the faint of heart.
Being married with children, the other guys came up with the name before I got involved.
I Like it.
Another nice point is everyone is mature, well educated, employed.
This is just for fun. We don't expect to be Rock Stars.
I feel like these guys are brothers we are so alike.
2nd admendment advocates to the hilt. Part of the vast right wing conspiracy. Lovers of hunting and family.
Willing to help friends in need.
Good People.
The Guitarist has written all of the music with help from the vocalist. I am still catching up. I have always had alot of material floating around my cranium but have not put it to much more than blogs and targets. This is changing.
The music is heavy. VERY heavy. Most people won't like it.
I LOVE it!
The songs have melody, they stick in your head.
Diablo is the guitarist. First from right in the pic.
Awesome songwriter.
and friend.
His axe kicks (deleted)
Too bad we are all in our 30's (well most of us) and can't go out and Rock the world.
Maybe we still will.
Mick Jagger is still alive or so I've been told.
The vocal stylist still doesn't have a permanent nickname. Madman comes to mind. He is second from right.
Now for something truly amazing. The drummer has only been playing for 6 MONTHS!
Natural talent. We really lock in even only after just a few practices. Just Awesome.
I have screwed around with drums for 25 years and can't keep a beat.
This guy is awesome. (they all are) Christian too. The other two worship the devil.
Just kidding. That was for Pipers benefit.
Although word is they are crazy.
The drummer, percussionist, Corvette driver is known as
Baby Gorilla. Almost as big as Diablos Rotwieller.
Oh that's Brooklyn, she eats tiny punks for breakfast. Big ones too. 120 pounds.
Blog on her soon.
I was worried, the guys said she ate the last 3 Bass players.
I believed it.
SO if you ever hear songs with the following titles, you know the F Bomb was dropped.
By the way it's good therapy to have your friends say F you.
And smile.
1)Dead Cat was the first song I learned. Again this is all original. You may or may not like it. There is an incredible amount of melody in the music. You would find yourself humming it and not know it.
So it's about some homeless dude who eats a dead cat?
2) Submission. Sorry no details and it's NOT sexual.
3) I Love the Dead. (Don't we all?)
4) U blanking blankety blank ( I can't use that language on this web site) It rhymes with stew clucking stitch!
5) Santa Vomit (He had a bad Christmas)
6) Diesel Fuel (I don't know this one yet, but it rocks!)
7) Last night we worked on a new one called Beerme B*#(# (No offense Beerme, I only play Bass!)
8) All that's left is a cup of Joe. (World War II song about Battle of the Bulge.)
OK OK OK
Libby figures it's not top 40.
Though Casey Kasem sits in every now and then. He is a great backup singer!
Great release from the madness of everday life.
I don't think I'd be sane with out it.
Music is wonderful.
So are Friends.

17 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

COOL! Wish I had some talent. Unfortunately... sigh!

Regards,
Hawkeye®

4:56 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Hawkeye,
YOU DO!

6:49 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

Nice Libby! You are a great addition to our madness. We are very fortunate to have you around as a friend and for some low end bass talent. We will continue to have a great time, and maybe someday we will get a gig. To the Future of F BOMB......Cheers!

Diablo

1:43 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

Baby gorilla, who let you out of your cage? Get back in there!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Just cranked out to 12/30 tape and all is well in Libby Land.
This is fun.

9:42 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

Libby,
we have to be carefull when Baby Gorilla escapes from his cage. When he's loose, he tends to throw his feces about the walls in a festive manner! Chaining him down to his drum set seems to be working, but i think we need bigger chains. The more beer he drinks, the stronger he gets. He already bent the anchors we bolted into the concrete wall! Plus i think he's broken about 50 sets of drumsticks already, and ate about 20!
-Diablo

12:25 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

P.S. and he completely chewed through his shock collar! We need another one of those too!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

I have to apologize for not giving enough up to our vocalist. While I can belt out a halfway decent Lady Madonna, Madman puts it there. Piper does some awesome backup too. I have a hard time because I tend to break into laughter. Great job guys! Again this is FUN with a capital F! Most of my music life was in instrumental bands. It's entirely different having lyrics to go with it. Whole new facet. Facet. That's a polysyllabic word most idiots won't understand. Right Piper?

7:02 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Rock On Dudes!!!!!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

BTW, NOW I know what you look like! I'll be looking for you...

So don't be surprized if some where, some time, some one comes up to you and says, "Smile, Libby Gone! I'm MargeinMI!"

10:04 AM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Hi, Libby.
Music soothes the savage beast, right?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Piper, I told you this is a Family site. You and Baby G can sit on that until Friday.
MargeinMi,
Thanks that is sweet, though not best pic of Libby. Better one at Club Gitmo, page 5 on Rush Limbaugh.Com You'll know which one is me.
Thanks Pats'Rick. Usually soothes. Hard to say, I'm not THE savage beast. I just hunt them.

4:00 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

Sit on what, you perv? What is that supposed to mean?

Libby, you should invite Marg to one of our basement gigs. We have extra ear plugs. Take lots of Tylenol though.

7:55 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

I would take you up on that invite. I'm a very rusty keyboard player, and have a decent voice (so I'm told). It would be a blast! Also, not to worry, I'm not easily offended by coarse language (or lyrics). I'm also capable of LISTENING! (A fading art IMNSHO.)

8:11 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

Harsh music and harsh language. It'a wonder that Libby sticks around.

8:18 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

It really is a great time though. and loud!

8:20 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

he's the dude on the left holding his bass.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home