Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Monday, September 26, 2005

Punkin Carvin for Rednecks



It's getting to be that time of the year. Autumn in Mitch Chee Gon is my favorite. Temperature is just right during the day for working in the yard. At night the cool fragrant air wisps you off to sleep. The leaves are starting to change. Time to engage in a few of my favorite activities. Decorating the house for the holidays and hunting. I'll admit I'm a more prolific decorator.
This wild gourd jumped out of the pumpkin patch and charged me. I saw a wild look in it's eyes. It was howling and gnashing its fangs ferociously. Apparently it was rabid. One slug from my Grandma's old single shot 20 gauge put it out of its misery.
Introducing Jack O' Splatern.

9 Comments:

Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Yup! Eastern Arms break action. My Praternal Grandparents gave each of us three boys a gun when we completed hunter safety. Word is Grandma dropped many a pheasant in her day...
oh and by the way it's the exit wound....

7:38 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

A punkin shot wit' a "punkin ball"?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

kajun,
Sounds familiar. Dad made sure we knew how to get a clean kill or we would not be allowed to hunt. "You're not out here to hurt things".
camo, you are the king of the one-liners!

7:20 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Libby Gone™:
It's good to be the king...

3:11 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Thanks for the morning laugh, Libby!

I too love this time of year, especially out here in the country. The colors are spectacular, the air crisp, and wildlife is on the move. I saw 6 turkeys the other day, 5 with beards, the longest about 6".

I'll have to watch out for those attack pumpkins!

Homecoming Parade and game tonight in Memphis!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

margemi,
Tahnks for stopping in. Yea my boys go to the school of the Yellow Jackets. We might go out if Mrs. Gone can get out of work soon enough.
Nice toikeys! I have not seen many lately. They usually run through our yard.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

thanks, I mean.
I gotta learn to preview.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Good shot! I used to keep a .20 ga. as a saddle gun, when I would ride my hossies into the woods. Easier draw from the scabbard than the .44 Remington from a cavalry belt holster.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Thanks, possum
I'm not a big hunter, but I love shooting my guns and po'ing the libs next door!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home