Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Addition to the Family



OK OK I'll get back to politcal rants soon. This is however a site for family and freinds to check up on Libby and the pack.
This is our new BAY-BEEE. Plucked fresh from his moms home that sported a "Free Kittens" sign. Picture is blurry, but I challenge anyone to get a clear pic of a rambunctious 7 week old kitten.
We have had many cats since Mrs. Gone I and I got together. Actually cats adopt us. If you ever had a cat you know who rules who. Definitely not like a dog, master relationship. Cats are very independent. Their eyes alone ( pupils like reptiles) tell you they are a unique species. I have an intense LOVE/HATE relationship with cats.
Sasha was our first. Beautiful. Luxurious dark gray and white fur. Born in Mom and Dad's shed to a typical liberal who left them as soon as she could. Probably to be someone elses hussie. Sasha was such a good freind. Very platful even as she got older. Our favorite pastime as newlyweds was playng kittycat volleyball. Sitting on each side of the living room, Mrs and I would toss a little plastic ball back and forth. Sasha would be cat in the middle and jump up and bat it away. Often she would then retrieve it so we could keep playing. She contacted a disease and even emergency trips to the Vet didn't help. When I realized it was her last day I cradled her in my arms in a hand knit afghan my Grandmother made for me. She took a deep breath and was gone. I cried.
Sam also was born in the shed and we adopted him about a year after we took Sasha. They got along great and would wait for us in our apartment window while we were at work. Sam was all white, long hair. He lived the longest, succumbing to some sort of feline dementia and had to be put down.
Mandy was next. Runt Tortiseshell Calico. Last minute Christmas gift idea for Mrs.
She was the only kitten left at the pet store the day before Christmas. No one else wanted her. She was a very good cat until the next one caused her to have a nervous breakdown.
Sabrina was EVIL. She intentionally would knock over house plants. Litterbox? No need just do the deed. Everyday we would come home to a mess. She tormented Mandy so bad that Mandy hid constantly.
Beautiful black and white fur. Just plain evil. Her time was short and I had to take her to the Humane Society.
By this time I had nearly completed the Wolf Lair and we were ready to move. I vowed no more indoor cats.
One day when I got to the property to work on the Den, I noticed someone had dropped off a kitten. This happens regularly around here. Why people don't have the morality to take the to the Humane Society, I don't know.
Little black fuzzball. I fiqure about a month old. I didn't think it would survive. It ran from me and I couldn't catch it. So I left some milk and food out on the porch and figured it was in Gods hands. It showed up the next day and the next. Less timid and eventually let me pet him. I called him Lucky. Lucky the lil black cat. Not sure if it was Friday the 13th or not. If he survived as an outdoor "barn cat" (shed cat?)he would be LUCKY. He did. Great mouser. Left his work on our front porch with pride. Look Mom and Dad what I can do!" Lost him about two years ago to illness.
Lucky procreated. He begat (from a no good liberal, sleep with anyone in town, hussie)four littens, of which two were adopted out.
Slick was short haired ,all black and also a good mouser.
Bear is named so because as a kitten he looked like a small bear. Very long thick hair down to his mane. In the winter he really poofs out!
Bear is not a mouser.
I think he is a liberal. Won't do a damned day of work and expects free room and board! Once a walk with Mrs. Gone Bear got the idea of chasing another cat. Would not come back and was about a mile from home. I figured he is an OUTDOOR cat so he'll find his way back. Next day Mrs. Gone is afraid. No sign of Bear. So we walked back to where we last saw him. The second Mrs. Gone called his name he came running out of the woods, mewing like a baby, actually acting grateful. Was underfoot the rest of the way home.I don't think he has crossed the property line since!
UPDATED 8/28/05......
I was not going to post this because it still bothers me.
Bear Or Slick knocked up some hussie and she gave birth in my stored boat. Quite as suprise when I took the tarp off, Adopted out 4 of 5 and kept the lil black cat.
Mrs.Gone was also suprised when I declared He could be an indoor cat. So tiny, so friendly. PANZER of course! Mrs. didn't like the name. Kids did. PANZER loved the youngest and would sleep with him. One morning, PANZER was gone, slept on by his freind. Mrs. Gone called me at work in tears. No more indoor cats.
I love them and I hate them.
About the time the combines roll, cats come up missing. Pretty sure that was Slicks demise all though I have no proof. With only Bear I figured the Pack needed new blood. "Free Kittens" So I stopped and sure enough a black cat.
5 year old wanted to name him Charley after Grandmas cat or Bear Number TWO.
Mrs Gone sugeested Con-cat(Conservative Cat) then Cocoa.
I think it is going to be Cocoa.
VERY AFFECTION, quick to purr. Born outdoors nearby.
Another barn cat. Hope I don't get too attached.
I know I will.

7 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

Well, ain't you just the "cat's meow"!

6:16 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

YAY! Now I know who to call whenever my neighbor's barn kitties have a litter (about 4 times a year).

I'm not a cat person: the last one I had (all white with one green eye, one blue eye) had the same love of house plants. Came home one day to find my giant spider plant knocked off the piano, dirt spread evenly in a six foot circle in the middle of the living room, and a present for me in the middle of it. She also liked to play "Chase Mom's Ankles" whenever I walked down the stairs. Also liked to get up in the false ceiling in the basement and run around until the tiles broke.

I took her to the Humane Society (lied and said I was moving); I figured, even if they ended up putting her down, it would be more humane than me playing 'punt the kitty!'

I cut her as much slack as possibly as she was probably mentally imbalanced. The girl I got her from said she rode under the hood of her brother's car from Lincoln Park to Troy. Just wasn't the same ever since.

On the other hand, Cecil the Hospice Dog is doing great!! He's got more spirit and spunk now than when I took him in. He just might make it through another winter. He turned 16 on Aug. 18. What a trooper!

7:43 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

I've seen that picture several times now, and I just gotta say, that kitty looks a little EEEEEEEEEEvil. You might have your hands full with this one!

Whaaaaaas up? No one else has kitty stories to share?

:oP

3:55 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Libby Gone™,
Good Luck with your cats. I have one at the moment named Igor (named after Igor Stravinsky) who was given to us by a classical musician. Our last cat was Sammy. Great cats both.

Regards,

5:36 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Hawkeye,
Does Igor (love that name, master) meow to the tune of
" DAh daht daht ta,
Du daht daht ta,
der dert dert ta,
dur durnt durnt duh,
DA dANT DAT DAT DAlla DA!?
MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOWALLA MEOW?
Name that tune.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

margeinmi,
He ,she IT. is not evil. It's a BAYYYY BEEEEE!!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Jeanne,
That story sure sounds familiar. I thought about getting a dog. Last one I had till I was a teenager. He was a great mutt, lived to about 16 years old. Don't know that I'm quite ready to do it again.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home