Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

10 Ways to avoid Bird Flu




With all the disasters, cataclysms,and human suffering the last thing we need is an airborne assault by fowl. Although this is a very VERY serious issue, Libby has taken it upon himself to give a little insight to the new plague.
"EU Health Commissioner Markos Kyprianou has warned that the EU should be ready for a potential human flu pandemic.

The H5N1 strain has killed more than 60 people in South East Asia since 2003. However, of those only one is suspected to have died after catching the virus from another human"
Ten ways to avoid the Bird Flu:

1) Ask your bird to cover its beak when coughing or sneezing.

2) If your bird has a high temperature, don't send it to school. This will only spread the illness to other birds.

3) Aspirin should not be given to young birds for fever. This could cause them to develop Reyes Syndrome.

4) Have your bird wash it's talons after using public restrooms.

5) Feed a fever, starve a bird.

6) If your Thanksgiving Turkey is in it's coop with a thermometer in it's beak and a cold compress on it's head, have Ham.

7) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but if your bird has the flu it's BUSHS FAULT!

8) Be monogamous with your bird, contrary to current philosophy, prophylactics don't afford protection. They suffocate the bird.

9) Luckily the food chain prevents the spread of this disease. I.E.: Cats eat birds, but people don't eat cats, except in Asia (OH SHIT I'M ON TO SOMETHING HERE!!!!!)

10) If your bird is acting a little fishy and may be infected, do the humane thing and flush it down the toilet.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Here's another way to avoid Bird Flu...

When talking to bird-brains, wear a surgical mask (a dust mask from Home Depot will do in a pinch).

3:50 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but if your bird gets the flu, it's Bush's fault..."

Hilarious stuff, Libby! Loved the post!

5:42 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

What...are you CHICKEN?!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Camo,
NOBODY CALLS ME CHICKEN!!!
Turkey, Fowl, Bird,Etc,,, is fine.
As a matter of fact my Mom called us " Birds" when she was tee'd off at us!
Uncle,
Dark side Absolutely, lonely never.
BTW ya know the Kid? Rock?

7:50 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Libby Gone™:
Actually, I didn't call you anything, I just asked a question.

But since you seem to prefer it, I guess I'll just cry "foul"...

12:35 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

jq,
I have it on good authority that Scott,sir has suspended comments due to lack of mature behavior. I hope I didn't contribute to this, but am also realistic. While I may dispute this, it is HIS site. For me, a po'd country boy, well I have my own release....
clay pigeons anyone?
they don't carry the flu...

5:49 PM  
Blogger UpNorthLurkin said...

Does anyone know anything about AOL's free offering of Instant messaging? I've been trying to sign up Mig, Maggie, Jackie, Shelly, Kajun, and Ms Rightwing...Some of the invitations go through, others bounce. We were thinking we could have our own personal little Scrapple chats til who knows....
Email me at: upnorthlurkin@hotmail.com or my real email address if you're lucky enough to have it!! Nyuck,nyuck;o)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Sorry upnorth,
Don't know. Had it when I was on dial up. Now I got a cable modem thru comcast. Still debugging the new machine, can't get sound since I added the modem. EEERRRGGGGHHHH!
Thanks to all for stopping by, I have no problem adding bandwidth to the conversation.
aflkom
A communist goose selling insurance.....

6:06 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Speaking of clay pigeons, I went out with a couple of friends the other day and powdered a box of the critters. I also introduced the two buddies to my handguns, which they mightily enjoyed! We shot up two boxes of .44 rounds and one box of .38s. Lots of fun!

Then we went out to hunt for partridge. Flushed one bird and didn't even get a shot...
I guess it's back to the clays...

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home