Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

New Digital Communication



The Railroad needed communication so Commadore Libby devised a new form of transporting information. This is what the the Eggheads call DIGITAL. Ones and Zeros. Ons and Offs. Click click space click. I met a Gentleman named Sam who has an idea on how to coordinate these digital pulses. He however wants to name the technique after himself. I balked. I believe it should be called Morse Code as my horse was called Morse. Now he never spoke in dots and dashes but het did dash and left some, dots. A horse is a horse especially called Morse. My equine friend always talked to me, but referred to me as Wilbur????? I will keep all informed by smoke signals until I learn the new technology.

Actually, the key is a treasured part of my collection.
I have some other pieces I want to share with those who can appreciate the history as I do. Imagine the days when you had no phones, tv's or internet......
Going to to the Western Union or Railstop to send a telegraph...
But then again no popups and computer viruses, and you KNEW your kids were "On Line"
Hanging Laundry.

8 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

Digital communication...too funny.

You have to use your digit, huh?

1:15 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

I just had a conversation with The Boy last night about all the things his generation has that mine didn't: cell phones, computers, cable tv, microwaves, cd's, etc. How did we survive?????

Felt like a granny at 45. Sheesh.

7:25 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

Hoggin'!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Island Girl TLA said...

I can remember back when I was a kid-I used to lay on the ground and look up into the sky...saying, "Im bored".

Now it seems there is WiFi at every coffee shop, hotel, library etc.

Practically, everyone you see in a car is either on the phone or watching tv.

Kids have Gameboys, Tamogotchis, Digipets, portable DVD players, iPods, PSPs all hanging around their necks to give them something to do....

As far as technology...holy Lord its gotten waaaaaaaaaaay out of hand.

I really miss those "bored" days.

11:38 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

The Boy discovered he can play games on my cellphone. Time spent on phone compared to time spent on PS2 bought for Christmas--10:1.

sigh.

7:16 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Yo Libby! How's things with you and yours these days?
Funny post!

10:17 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

I can be reached at...

rmarcy@mccollisters.com

should anyone care...

10:18 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Thanks for stopping by all. I am still unpacking and discovering things I forgot I had. I am trying to spend some more time on line, but time just slips away.
Boberin, Nice to hear from ya! Yea I have started my new life, got a nice little home close to my kids school. Things are better everyday.
Stay in touch, I will get my email out to everyone asap.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home