Name:
Location: Mitch Chee Gon, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Flag Day




The American Flag holds so much meaning to me. Old Glory. The Stars and Stripes. I really love that flag.
I have always proudly displayed it to show the world my regard for that which it stands. The sacrifices of so many. In combat, in the fields, at work, and in our homes. The hope it offers. The prospect of a better tomorrow. Reagan was right, America truly is the shining city on the hill and that flag waves above it all.
It's easy to get emotional thinking about all it stands for.
I often do.
I wish the television would end the days programming like it did when I was young. Playing America the Beautiful or the Star Spangled Banner and finish my day with a vision of the Flag.
Knowing there are 6 on the Moon, and paintings of it all over space is inspirational. If someday an alien lifeform stumbles upon us they will know of a race of 'can do' beings who called themselves AMERICANS.
American. I Can.
Love that flag! Red White and Blue.
Now for the rest of the story.
I would like to introduce to my readers ( The Libby Gone™ Sanatoriumm for the Terminally Honest and Trustworthy) Island Girl TLA (Teela) Author of one of the newest sites in the Blogosphere, Island Sense.
True American Girl. Red Pumps, Blonde Hair and Caribbean Blue Eyes.
Smart, very smart. (Don't you have to be to be a Libby fan?)
Also guys listen up, no matter how much you flip or invert the picture, the Flag wont fall off. I tried.

7 Comments:

Blogger Island Girl TLA said...

Thank you Libby, you are the best.

11:34 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

Libby,
I'm glad to see people who appreciate those colors and what they stand for. And the people who have and continue to give their live for our safety and our freedoms.

LET FREEDOM RING!

12:31 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

She made sense to me!

I fly Old Glory in the upper window of my bungalow. Someday, I hope to outdo the Jones with a nice pole and spotlight.

George's flyboys sure have been busy lately out of Selfridge. Or is it just cause I have my windows open all the time now? :o)

Let Freedom Ring. Indeed.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Diablo, I know you understand the meaning and have family that are dedicated to this country and keeping us safe.
Marge, Just how is the life of Riley? Yea I'm watching the F-16s too.....and the Refueling Tankers.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Saaaaa-looot!!

Great post, Libby (and a nice place to put a flag, I might add)!

I took down my old ten foot satellite dish on Sunday and was thinking of using the pole for a flag pole, in honor of Flag Day, but alas, the site is not the best for a flag (great for TV reception, though).

As for Teela, I'm still working on figgerin' her out :-}

7:18 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Nice picture...

12:41 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hey Libby,

Nice flag! You're right... I turned my monitor over and nothing happened. (Just kidding)

TLA sounds like a nice person. Oh, and great pic of the white wolf a few articles back! I haven't been by in awhile, and it was great to read your posts.

Best regards...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home